An easy cherry Bakewell flapjack recipe. Soft and chewy almond flavoured flapjacks with cherry jam and a white chocolate and yoghurt topping.
Serves 8. Use the scaling buttons below to double or triple the quantity.
- 120g (or 1/2 cup) unsalted butter
- 220g (or 2 1/2 cups) rolled oats
- 80g (or 1/3 cup) golden syrup
- 40g (or 1/4 cup) brown sugar
- 40g (or 1/3 cup) ground almonds
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 2 tbsp flaked almonds to top
- 4 tbsp cherry jam
- 100g (or 3.5oz) white chocolate
- 50g Greek yoghurt
- Turn on your oven to 180C or 350F.
- Grease a baking dish and line it with parchment paper. (note 1)
- Melt the butter on the stove or in the microwave.
- Stir in the oats, golden syrup, brown sugar, ground almonds, and almond extract.
- Spoon the oat mixture into the lined baking dish and use the back of a large spoon to flatten the top.
- Bake for 20 minutes until golden.
- Meanwhile, place a small frying pan on a medium heat and toast the flaked almonds for a few minutes until they begin to brown. Transfer them to a bowl when they are done and set aside.
- Remove the flapjack from the oven when it is golden brown. Leave it to cool for 10 minutes in the baking dish and transfer to a wire rack.
- Melt the white chocolate on the stove or in the microwave and stir in the yoghurt.
- Spread the jam evenly onto the baked flapjack before spreading the melted white chocolate and yoghurt onto top.
- Scatter the toasted flaked almonds on top and transfer to the refrigerator to cool for at least 2 hours.
- This recipe has been tested with size 25cm x 19cm (10 inch x 7 inch) baking dish.
- Category: sweet
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: British
Keywords: Cherry Bakewell Flapjack (with yoghurt white chocolate topping)