A delicious 15-minute sandwich with warm halloumi slices, creamy and zesty smashed avocado and tangy tomato chutney on toasted focaccia (or other bread of your choosing).
Yield 2. Use the scaling buttons below to double or triple the quantity.
- 1 Avocado
- 1 lime - juice
- 1/2 tsp chilli flakes
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 125g (or 4.5oz) halloumi - sliced into 0.5cm or 1/4 inch pieces and dried with a paper towel
- 1/2 tbsp oil
- 1 200g (or 7oz) piece of focaccia or other bread type of choice
- 3 tbsp tomato chutney
- Make the smashed avocado by putting the avocado, lime juice, salt, pepper and chilli flakes into a bowl and mashing with a fork until you get a slightly chunky consistency.
- Place a frying pan on a medium to high heat, add oil and add the sliced halloumi when the oil is hot. Fry the halloumi, turning halfway, until both sides begin to brown, and set aside.
- Slice the focaccia and place it under the grill for a few minutes until lightly toasted.
- Spread the smashed avocado onto the bottom slice of bread and spread tomato chutney on the top slice. Lay the halloumi pieces on top of the smashed avocado, place the tomato chutney slice on top and serve immediately.
- Category: Sandwich
- Method: stove-top
- Cuisine: Western
Keywords: Halloumi and Smashed Avocado Sandwich (on focaccia)