A delicious 30-minute one-pan meal of spiced lamb mince mixed with juicy pomegranate seeds and crunchy pine nuts served on warm flatbread with a crunchy green salad.
- 200g spinach (or 7oz) or baby spinach - washed and roughly chopped
- 1 cucumber - deseeded and chopped into 1 cm cubes
- 10 radishes - thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp molasses or honey
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 1 lemon - juice
- 2 tbsp pine nuts
- 1 tbsp cooking oil (groundnut, sunflower or olive oil)
- 1 white onion - finely chopped
- 1-2 green chilies - finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic - crushed
- 400g (or 14oz) lamb mince
- 2 tsp ground allspice
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 cube beef stock (6g or 0.2oz) - crushed into a powder
- 1/2 tbsp molasses or honey
- A pinch of sea or kosher salt
- 2 tbsp fresh mint
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley
- 4 tbsp pomegranate seeds
- 4 Flatbreads
- Tzatziki (optional)
- Mix the chopped spinach, cucumber and radishes in a salad bowl and combine the dressing ingredients in a salad dressing shaker or mug and set aside.
- Place a frying pan on a medium to high heat and toast the pine nuts and set them aside.
- Add oil to the pan and fry the onions with the green chili on a medium heat until soft.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add the garlic and cook for 1 more minute.
- Increase the heat, add the lamb mince and cook until brown.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add the ground allspice, cinnamon, coriander, cumin, crushed beef stock cube and molasses or honey and continue to cook for a further few minutes to allow the seasoning to infuse.
- When the lamb mince is cooked taste and adjust the seasoning if needed. Add a little salt to taste if required.
- Turn off the heat and stir in the mint, coriander and parsley, pomegranate seeds and toasted pine nuts.
- Warm the flatbreads under the grill according to packet instructions, toss the salad with the dressing and serve with the lamb mince and tzatziki (optional).
- Category: Main
- Cuisine: Middle Eastern
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 553
- Sugar: 3g
- Sodium: 69mg
- Fat: 33g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Unsaturated Fat: 7g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 34g
- Fiber: 5g
- Protein: 26g
- Cholesterol: 0g
Keywords: lamb mince flatbread