A fun and delicious triple-layer Easter brownie. A fudgy brownie base with a Cadbury Cream Egg and marshmallow middle-layer finished with a chocolatey Shredded Wheat and Mini Egg Easter nest topping.
The recipe yields 6 large brownies. Use the scaling buttons below to double or triple the quantities.
- 70g (or 2.5oz) unsalted butter + additional for greasing
- 35g (or 1.25oz) milk chocolate - broken into small squares
- 35g (or 1.25oz) dark chocolate - broken into small squares
- 1 egg - beaten
- 60g (or 2oz) sugar
- 1/4 tsp vanilla essence
- 35g (or 1.25 oz) plain flour
- 75g (or 2.5 oz) milk chocolate - broken into small squares
- 75g (or 2.5 oz) dark chocolate - broken into small squares
- 50g (or 1.75oz) unsalted butter
- 40g (or 1.5 oz) golden syrup
- 2-3 Shredded Wheat - crushed (based on a weight of 45g or 1.5oz for two pieces)
- 3-4 Cadbury cream eggs
- 100g (or 3.5oz) marshmallows
- 20 (approx.) Cadbury mini eggs (An approximate weight of 60g or 2oz)
- Heat your oven to 180°C or 350°F and grease a 20cm baking dish with butter and line it with greaseproof paper. (note 1)
- Melt the butter and chocolate in the microwave or in a Pyrex bowl over a saucepan of simmering water.
- Mix in the beaten egg, sugar and vanilla essence. Then stir in the flour.
- Pour into the baking dish and bake for 15-20 minutes in the middle of your oven until the top is set.
- Make the Shredded Wheat nest topping while the brownie base bakes. Melt the chocolate, butter and golden syrup in the microwave or in a Pyrex bowl over a pan of simmering water.
- Stir the crushed Shredded Wheat into the melted topping ingredients.
- Remove the brownie base from the oven and check its doneness with a toothpick or similar implement. (note 2)
- Add the Cream Eggs to the top of the brownie base and fill the space between them with marshmallows. Break the marshmallows into pieces to fill the smaller gaps if necessary.
- Return the baking dish to the oven for 5 more minutes until the Cream Eggs and marshmallows are melted and merged.
- Spoon the Easter nest topping mixture onto the top of the melted mid-layer.
- Press the Mini Eggs into the Easter nest topping and leave the brownie to cool.
- Chop into squares and enjoy when the Easter brownie has set.
- Grease the baking dish thoroughly with butter if you do not have greaseproof paper.
- Brownies are done when the toothpick (or similar) comes out with a few moist crumbs. If you see any wet mixture on the toothpick the brownie base needs longer.
Nutritional information is for 1/6th of the recipe.
- Category: sweet
- Cuisine: Western
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 672
- Sugar: 48g
- Sodium: 59mg
- Fat: 37g
- Saturated Fat: 19g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 76g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 8g
- Cholesterol: 1mg
Keywords: mini egg brownies