Soft medjool dates and crunchy pistachios rolled into yummy bite-sized balls. A quick, easy and delicious healthy snack.
Recipe yields 8-10 balls. Use the scaling buttons below to double or triple the quantity.
- 130g (or 1/2 cup) dates - stones removed
- 1 tbsp peanut butter or other nut butter
- 1 tbsp maple syrup or honey
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp vanilla essence
- Pinch of sea or kosher salt (optional)
- 70g (or 1/3 cup) pistachios - (roughly chopped)
- Place the dates, peanut butter, honey or maple syrup, ground cinnamon, vanilla essence and sea salt in a food processor and blitz until smooth and incorporated. (Note 1 and 2)
- Transfer the blended date mixture to a bowl and mix in the chopped pistachios. I use my hands to do this.
- Roll the mixture into 8-10 even-sized balls.
- Place in an airtight container and store in the fridge or freeze for later.
- If the dates are a little older and a little dry you can place them in the microwave for 30 seconds to 1 minute to soften them.
- If you are unsure about whether to add salt incorporate the other ingredients first and taste the mixture.
- Category: Main
- Cuisine: Western
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 114
- Sugar: 13.2g
- Sodium: 164mg
- Fat: 5g
- Saturated Fat: 0.7g
- Unsaturated Fat: 4.1g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 17g
- Fiber: 2.3g
- Protein: 2.5g
- Cholesterol: 0g
Keywords: pistachio date balls