The only potato salad recipe you'll ever need, with tender new potatoes tossed in a refreshing and flavourful dressing with spring onions/scallions and optional crunchy onions.
- 700g (or 25 oz) new potatoes
- 115g (or 1/2 cup) mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp mustard
- 1/2 tsp honey
- 2 tbsp / 20g capers - finely chopped
- 1 lemon - zest and juice
- 4 tbsp / 10g parsley - finely chopped
- 1 tbsp / 10g chives - finely chopped
- 6 spring onions/scallions - finely chopped
- 4 tbsp crunchy onions - optional
- Place a generously salted pan of water on a medium to high heat. Add the potatoes when the water begins to boil, reduce the heat a little and leave the potatoes to simmer for 20-25 minutes.
- Meanwhile mix the mayonnaise, paprika, salt, pepper, mustard, honey, capers, lemon juice and zest, parsley and chives in a large bowl.
- When the potatoes are done, drain them, cut each one in half and leave to cool for at least 10 minutes.
- Toss the cooked potatoes with the dressing and spring onions/scallions.
- Top with optional crunchy onions and serve.
- Category: Salad
- Method: stove-top
- Cuisine: Western
Keywords: Potato salad with spring onions