A delicious yet simple 30-minute spicy prawn pasta recipe with hot smoky harissa, lemon and cool tangy feta.
Serves 2. Use the scaling buttons below to double or triple the quantity.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion - finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic - crushed
- 1.5 tbsp harissa paste
- 100ml (or 1/4 cup) white wine - optional
- 200g (or 7oz) canned chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 tbsp balsamic vinegar (optional)
- 100ml (or 1.4 cup) chicken or veg stock
- 200g (or 7oz) dried spaghetti, linguine or tagliatelle
- 150g (or 5oz) raw shrimp/prawns - peeled and deveined
- 1/2 lemon - juice + zest
- 50g (or 2oz or 2/3 cup) feta - crumbled into small pieces
- A handful of chopped parsley
- Place a large frying pan on a medium heat and fry the onion until translucent.
- Add the garlic and cook for a minute until fragrant.
- Add the harissa paste and pour in the wine if using. Let it simmer for a few minutes until the alcohol cooks off.
- Pour in the chopped tomato, add the balsamic vinegar, pour on the stock and simmer for 10 minutes until reduced.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta in a large pan of generously salted boiling water.
- Add the shrimp/prawns to the sauce and cook for a few minutes until opaque.
- Drain the pasta when it is al dente, ensuring you reserve a few tablespoons of the starchy pasta water first.
- Add the lemon zest and juice to the sauce and add a little pasta water to the sauce if needed.
- Take the sauce off the heat, add the crumbled feta and toss with the cooked pasta.
- Top with fresh parsley and serve immediately.
- Category: Pasta
- Method: stove-top
- Cuisine: Western
Keywords: Spicy prawn (shrimp) pasta with harissa and feta