A scrumptious and satisfying warm mushroom salad with miso tahini dressing that you can get on the table in just 20 minutes.
- 1 tbsp miso paste
- 1 tbsp tahini paste
- 2 tsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 250g (or 9oz) packet of microwave brown rice or 150g (or 5oz) dry brown rice
- 15g (or 1 tbsp) butter
- 150g (or 5oz) mushrooms - chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic - crushed
- 80g (or 3oz) spinach leaves
- 100g (or 3.5 oz) feta - crumbled
- 80g (or x 3 oz) jarred pickled beetroot - chopped
- 2 tbsp crunchy onions (optional)
- Combine the dressing ingredients in a small jug or bowl and set aside.
- Cook the rice according to packet instructions.
- Place a frying pan on a high heat and add the butter. When the butter starts to sizzle add the mushrooms and fry for a few minutes until they begin to brown.
- Reduce the heat to medium, add the garlic, fry for a minute or two until fragrant and remove the mushrooms from the pan and set aside.
- Add the spinach, cook it for a few minutes until it starts to wilt and remove it from the pan and set aside.
- Assemble the salad by spooning the rice into bowls and add the cooked mushrooms, wilted spinach, pickled beetroot and crumbled feta.
- Drizzle with the dressing, top with crunchy onions and serve.
- Category: Salad
- Method: stove-top
- Cuisine: Western
Keywords: warm mushroom salad