20 minute zucchini mushroom pasta. Al dente tagliatelle tossed with umami mushrooms and grated zucchini in a creamy and lemony sauce.
Serves 2. Use the scaling buttons below to double or triple the quantity.
- 200g (or 7oz) tagliatelle (or other pasta of choice) Note 1
- 1 zucchini/courgette - Note 2
- 250g (or 9oz) mushrooms (chestnut, button, portobello or porcini) - washed and thinly sliced Note 3
- 2 cloves garlic - crushed
- 130g (or 1/2 cup) light crème fraîche Note 4
- 100ml (or 1/2 cup) veg stock
- 1/2 lemon juice + zest
- 1/2 tbsp balsamic vinegar - optional
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- A handful of chopped parsley leaves to serve
- Cook the tagliatelle (or other pasta) in a large pan of boiling generously salted water until al dente.
- Meanwhile, grate the zucchini/courgette and use a clean tea towel to squeeze out the water.
- Place a frying pan on a medium to high heat, melt the butter and add the mushrooms when the butter starts to bubble. Fry for a few minutes until they start to brown, stirring regularly to ensure they cook evenly.
- Add the grated zucchini/courgette and garlic and fry for 1-2 minutes more.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add the crème fraîche. Allow it to become hot for a minute or two and stir in the veg stock.
- Add the black pepper and optional balsamic vinegar and simmer for a few more minutes.
- Stir in the lemon juice and zest, drain the cooked pasta and toss it in the sauce.
- Serve immediately with chopped fresh parsley and more ground black pepper if desired.
- Other long ribbon-cut pastas like pappardelle and linguine will also work well.
- 1 zucchini/courgette should weigh approximately 400g / 14oz when grated.
- Use whichever mushrooms take your fancy. I tend to use chestnut mushrooms, but other varieties like portobello and porcini will also work well. It depends on how much richness and mushroom flavour you want to add to the dish.
- You can use full-fat crème fraîche instead, but you might need to add a little more stock to prevent the sauce from becoming too thick.
- Category: Pasta
- Method: stove-top
- Cuisine: Western
Keywords: Zucchini & mushroom Tagliatelle pasta